Thursday, March 29, 2012

a little itty cowbow hat


Sweater: Thrifted, Guelph 
Shirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Thrifted, Guelph 
Skirt: Thrifted (altered), Bolton, Chez Thrift
Belt: Mama Dunstan
Earrings: Hattitude Jewellery 
Headband: Blogger Vancouver Sale

How this outfit came to be Hattified: I started with the headband that I got at the Vancouver blogger sale.  This shirt was the only red I had in my wardrobe that I packed from Ontario to Vancouver. I threw on the red shirt, and paired it with polkadot skirt. You know how I love my pattern on patterns.  

Why this outfit Works: The polka dot pattern in the shirt, reflects the patterned polka dots in the skirt. The bow around my neck is all I needed. I put on some dangly earrings. Brown tights, brown sweater, brown belt and brown vintage shoes make the outfit neutral.  No skirt is complete without a belt. 

Another version: Wear it with just a plain red tee shirt, or white shirt. Throw on a Hattitude necklace. 

It was quite windy yesterday. We started off going to the Anthropology museum today at the university of British Columbia. Anyone been there? My man friend is super stoked for it.  As we watched the bus drive past us, since we were at the wrong stop (we're really starting to get the hang of the transit system...not) we realized that the museum closed early. Silly gooses. We found ourselves at a record store, always a favourite destination and then stumbled into a used DVD store. Isn't it funny our children's generation will never experience the disappointment of going to the movie rental store and the DVD being out? Weird eh? I've never seen The Beach, with Leo. Any good? It's on the agenda tonight for movie watching.




4 comments:

  1. I think it's the saddest thing that our children will never get to experience the charm of video stores (and cd stores as well). Those were two of my favorites places to peruse on a Friday night when I was in high school.

    Can I also just tell you I am completely smitten with your outfit here? You are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those shoes! That skirt! I feel like my closet is taking an I Love Lucy turn what with my many polka dots and red lipsticks...but I don't mind much :) You look very sweet.

    Aw, sucks you went to the museum for nothing, that's disappointing. But you're so right about our kids never having to worry about getting their movie. I remember bugging my dad to take me every three minutes just so my VHS wouldn't get snatched from right under me. I like our way better- the suspense! Haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. its funny how one can look beautiful in something that someone else can look terrible. i tried a similar polka dot skirt and top and i looked like a 22 year old one trying to dress up like a 3 year old one. which was hilarious to watch. :( i mean why don't i ever look good in anything girly??
    :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! what a fun and funny boy! It took me ages to spy where the cowboy hat was.

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock my world. So spill it. Thanks!
Vist my online jewellery shop