Thursday, February 24, 2011

musical flavour of the week

I woke up this morning...to SNOW! Spring was suppose to be coming, but huge brilliant vibrant amazing snow flakes were crumbling, tumbling and falling beautifully from the great white sky.

I will try to snap a photo of these amazing snow flakes if they come back this afternoon.

Although I'm dedicated to blogging, I feel the dedication wains and fades if I have to run outside in the cold in my slippers and pajamas, no matter how stylish or cute I may look in these said pajamas and slippers (come on...does anyone ACTUALLY really look cute with bed head and pj's on? I don't think so.)...for the craft of blogging I just did not get a snapshot of the snow flakes, unfortunately.

but here's to hoping it snows again this afternoon so I can catch a shot.

Here's some musical flavours of the week I've been listening to.

Admiral Hadley, Ghosts of Syllables.

It's not their voices that captures me so soulfully into this song but rather the actual instruments and melody. It makes my heart go boom boom boom.



A fun tidbit about them, they apparently came across their name after a 'chance encounter with a weathered old man who introduced himself as Admiral Radley.'

Of course I cannot keep my  hands off the play button when it comes to dear, dear

Pepper Rabbit, Older Brother. 




After you hear just how fantastically awesome these guys are, you might be just as shocked and surprised as I was when I slowed down my PVR fast forwarding, and heard them on the commercial for McDonalds?!

 Here's a former model turned singer?

Katie Elson, Pretty Babies. 


Here's a beautifully sounding duo.


Houses, Soak It up.
This should probably be listened to while swinging back and forth in the hammock feeling the warm breeze wasp past your face as if flicks your hair away from your sweaty forehead from the summer heat. While you look out on Georgian bay, after the sun begins to set, the canoe hits the side of the dock and makes the sounds only a canoe hitting old dock wood can make, and only a cottage kid would recognize. Gaze out at the lake, see your reflection in the water, and let this song allow you to dream in the summer heat. (Or dream OF summer heat for those of us still in winter!)


According to Myspoonful, Why you should check out Houses..."Who doesn’t love a good back story? After getting fired from his day job, Dexter Tortoriello grabbed his girlfriend Megan Messina and shuffled off to Hawaii to live off the land for a few precious months. Thanks to a few ocean breezes, some warm surf and a solar-powered laptop, the duo was able to emerge with the guts of an album filled with summery sounds and electro-ambient-pop good vibes—the perfect antidote to winter’s doldrums."

Enjoy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments rock my world. So spill it. Thanks!
Vist my online jewellery shop