Friday, May 4, 2012

white skirts and ketchup stains


Shoes: Winners
Skirt: Vintage, Chez thrift, Bolton
Shirt: Thrfited, Chez thrift, Bolton
Bracelets: Gifts/Hattitude Jewelery 
Ring: Vancouver, Spanks

How this outfit came to be Hattified: I really wanted to wear my new shoes! Aren't they just lovely little gems? I pictured these wedges with a long flowy skirt. I grabbed this white one, and thought this outfit needs a bit of pattern, so I put on a pattern shirt that was the same colours as my shoes. Eh voila, Hattified. The hair flower was added, because it seems these days I can't go out without something in my curls :) 

Why this outfit works: This outfit is all in the same pastels and colour palette. I think the floral shirt and the flowers on the shoes, work well to compliment eachother. The white long dress gives a lot of room for the eyes to "breathe" from one floral pop, shoes, to the next floral pop, shirt.

Another version: Not in to flowers on your shoes? Try it with some plain brown wedges. 

I went to my first Hot docs film last night. (hot documentaries is a week long festival in toronto, where they show hundreds of unique documentaries) We saw Shut up and play the hits, LCD Soundsystems last concert. Besides the theatre being a little stinky and smelling of stale/old apple juice the movie was pretty good. 
As for the weekend, it looks to be another b---ea--utiful day! 

If you're looking for one feel good thing to do this month... I have a great one for you. Click this link to sponsor some of my friends as they walk to help find a cure for the disease, Cystic Fibrosis. 

What's CF you ask? Well I'm glad you inquired! Read below to find out about the disease I was born with or click here to go to their website. 

Cystic fibrosis (CF) is the most common fatal genetic disease affecting Canadian children and young adults. There is no cure. CF is a multi-system disease, primarily affecting the lungs and digestive system. In the lungs, where the effects of the disease are most devastating, a build-up of thick mucus causes increasingly severe respiratory problems. It may be difficult to clear bacteria from the lungs, leading to cycles of infection and inflammation, which damage delicate lung tissue. Scarring of the lungs leads to eventual death or the need for a double lung transplant in most patients with CF. 

6 comments:

  1. gosh these are just lovely! your curls are beautiful.

    and i love this outfit.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This skirt is so gorgeous, I absolutely love it, so romantic!! I can't own anything white though or else I will without a doubt spill all over it. Your new shoes are super cute too
    xJennaD

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH my Hattie...can I fly to Canada and raid your closet already! Seriously, this is gorgeous! I just love the little floral tube top and flowy white skirt...and let's talk about those shoes - stunning! A festival dedicated to documentaries - yes please!

    My best friend's 6 month old niece has CF and it's hard to see how she's struggled and all her and her mother have been through just with all the extra care and medications and such...though she's currently doing much better at the moment. You have CF too? My BF and I wanted to participate in a walk as well. Definitely one of my goals.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love love love this! Fabulous outfit, and I'm dying of absolute envy over those gorgeous curls of yours. Also pretty envious about what sounds like an amazing doc film fest (I'm a tad obsessed with documentaries).

    Think it's wonderful you're using your blog platform for spreading CF awareness; I'll certainly check out the sponsor link! :)

    <3 Shawna
    Serpentine Streets

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You look amazing! I looove your style:D

    ReplyDelete

Comments rock my world. So spill it. Thanks!
Vist my online jewellery shop